Global Great Commission Network
The Tokyo 2010 Global Mission Consultation was not intended to be an end in itself, but the beginning of a movement to see all peoples discipled in our generation. With this vision, the Tokyo 2010 Planning Committee took the following steps in meetings September 1, 2010 and August 23-25, 2011 to create the Global Great Commission Network – Carrying Tokyo 2010 Forward
- The ‘Global Great Commission Network – Carrying Tokyo 2010 Forward’ was formed, with the understanding that this network is autonomous grouping or a system of interconnected people or things, a complex system. It is intended to be very inter-relational – not up or down driven.
- An interim coordinating team was tasked with the responsibility up to approximately 12/31/12 to pursue initial network goals, to continue to build a coordinating team, and to research and report recommendations on possible network structure of the Tokyo 2010 Mission Network.
- Initial priorities or goals were accepted as follows:
- Define discipleship
- A functional and dynamic web page
- The Last Mile Calling project
- Tokyo 2010 Declaration promotion
- Archives and Compendium
- Tokyo 2010 media promotion, including online newsletter
- Search for a global ambassador that gives face and visability to the network
- A global discipleship assessment survey
- Provide online services including webinars and resource lists
- Develop 2 strategy working groups as continuation of Tokyo 2010 workshops
- A Vision Statement and a Purpose Statement were adopted as follows:
We envision every people group reached and in the process of being discipled in this generation.
The Global Great Commission Network – Carrying Tokyo 2010 Forward
exists to stimulate worldwide mission efforts that promote the making of disciples of every people in our generation.
- The guiding document for the Global Great Commission Network– Carrying Tokyo 2010 Forward is the Tokyo Declaration.
- The Lausanne Covenant was confirmed as the Global Great Commission Network – Carrying Tokyo 2010 Forward statement of faith.